Automating (un)loading of Progressive Stamping
Progressive (Die) Stamping Presses are used for quick, constant and cost-effective production of parts which are suited to stamping and bending.
The manual (un)loading of these presses, is labor intensive. Frequently, an operator is bound to a press because parts need to be carefully unloaded and stacked in bins or crates. It is ever more difficult to find people willing to do this work, and freeing the craftsman from the unloading operation creates significant value for an organization. Teqram has vision-guided robotic solutions for the unloading of progressive stamping presses.
No operator programming needed. Parts are identified with machine vision, and bin-packing strategies use vision sensors to maximise flexibility.
- Loading and unloading of progressive stamping machines
- Handling steel, stainless steel, and aluminium products
- Robotic unloading parts into a range of different bins, crates, or onto pallets.
Vision Guided Robotics for progressive stamping presses
No programming required
Because of our vision-guided robot technology. Parts are automatically detected and handled (in standard use cases). No teaching of individual parts necessary! Grippers are chosen automatically and gripper changes do not need to be programmed. A simple-to-use user interface ensures no ‘special’ knowledge required for operators.
‘Normal’ stacking and transportation of parts
Conventional robot systems need to know exactly where parts are located. EasyProgressive uses Teqram’s vision-sensors & software, and is therefore significantly more flexible. Parts ‘offered’ to EasyProgressive do not need to be stacked in special containers or jigs.
Speed and Safety
EasyProgressive is significantly faster than a human operator. Especially for parts heavier than 20kg. Robotic handling of large or heavy parts eliminates the safety risks of manual handling by the operator.
EasyProgressive is a solution for (un)loading progressive stamping machines. It is built on Teqram’s modular building blocks and can be adapted to specific applications.
The most important component of EasyProgressive is our vision-guided robot as a module: the EasyBot.
The EasyBot contains:
- Our patented 3D vision controller (the EasyEye)
- An industrial robot manipulator with 6 axes, 3.05 m reach and able to handle products up to 100 kg
- Modular base (easy to transport and place) with all electronic & safety components EasyIO: distributed IO & control
- EasyFlexibleFramework: software framework for vision-guided robotics
- PC based User Interface: Easy to Use, no PLC needed.
- Gripper-change adaptor (robot-side) with data, electrical and pneumatic connections
- And much more…
In comparison with conventional robot-solutions, an EasyBot facilitates an extreme reduction in programming times.Due to our vision technology, an EasyBot can deal with low-volume high variety production challenges.
EasyProgressive can be configured in a layout for single type work, like placing products in the press or multiple challenges with different gripper setups. The EasyBot can easily cooperate with an EasyFlipper to turn parts automatically when stamping or processing on 2 sides is necessary.
Talk to us. We listen.